Thursday, April 4, 2013

Why Study Abroad?



While there are many experiences that make up a memorable college life, many students do not take advantage of the opportunity to study in a different country. Studying abroad can enrich a student’s college experience and give them a better worldview of society.
This is something the SEED students can associate with, since they are continuing their education in a different country. Most of them had never previously left El Salvador, nor visited the United States. Although they initially experienced a culture shock upon arrival, most of them speak highly about their experience so far. Jesus Ora says of his experience so far, “ I miss my family a lot but the things I am learning here are priceless, I can’t wait to go back and make a difference in own my community. I will take the positive American values I am learning and incorporate them into my life back home.”
Image from educationabroad.com
While the SEED students are all professional, working adults, you can study in a different country in your college years! CSULB has many programs and country options available, go to CSULB Study Abroad Programs for more information, or visit the study abroad office located at Brotman Hall, Room BH 201. 

No comments:

Post a Comment